Rapper Mac Miller Died From Accidental Overdose, Autopsy Report Finds

Sergio Cunningham
November 5, 2018

Following some uncertainty, Mac Miller's cause of death has now been revealed.

Rapper Mac Miller was killed by a deadly mix of drugs and alcohol, the Los Angeles medical examiner's office said on Monday.

Mac Miller's death has been ruled an accidental overdose.

The musician had fentanyl, cocaine and ethanol in his system, according to a toxicology report. Paramedics soon arrived and Miller was declared dead 16 minutes after the initial 911 call.

The publication reports a coroner categorised it as an accidental overdose.

Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool: Liverpool players' rating
Leno started last weekend's draw at Crystal Palace , but Cech had only just returned to fitness after a hamstring injury. If they play on Friday and we play on Sunday then for two days you think about the pressure being more on us.

The report also detailed that he was found by his assistant in a "praying position" kneeling forward with his face resting on his knees.

There was a 1/4-inch abrasion on the bridge of his nose, and there was blood coming out of one nostril. An empty bottle of alcohol was found on the nightstand, and a bottle of prescription pills was found in the bathroom.

He tragically died on 7 September, just weeks before he was due to go on tour, with his family later sharing a statement confirming the news.

Several artists, including Chance the Rapper, ScHoolboy Q and Ty Dolla $ign, paid tribute to him last week at a benefit concert in Los Angeles.

A person close to Miller, whose real name was Malcolm James McCormick, said he had spent the evening watching football.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER