Johnny Depp sued for allegedly punching film crew

Sergio Cunningham
July 10, 2018

When Brooks didn't react to the punches, Depp supposedly said, "I will give you $100,000 to punch me in the face right now".

Depp, as well as City of Lies director Brad Furman and the film's production companies, are being sued for assault and battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligence, negligent hiring and retention of unfit employee, negligent supervision of employee, hostile work environment, wrongful termination in violation of public policy, retaliation, and negligent infliction of emotional distress. Depp plays LAPD detective Russell Poole, who investigated the killing.

Location manager Gregg "Rocky" Brooks filed a lawsuit on Friday, July 6 that alleges that the actor physically and verbally assaulted him on set, Us Weekly confirms. According to Brooks, that's when Depp became volatile and Brooks went to find an LAPD officer for protection.

Furman allegedly replied: "Why don't you tell that to Johnny Depp?". "You have no right to tell me what to do". Depp told him that he would give him $100,000 if he were to strike Johnny back in the face.

Brooks said Depp continued his belligerent behavior until bodyguards removed him from the set.

Fans invade Ikea to celebrate England win at World Cup
On why he felt Southgate would not go into management, the 54-year-old said: "Maybe the self-confidence". Southgate had two managerial roles prior to being appointed England manager in 2016.

Brooks also claims that he was sacked from the film after he refused to sign a waiver relinquishing his right to sue.

He is seeking unspecified damages, and Johnny Depp's rep has so far remained silent.

Depp opened up about his dire financial situation in a candid interview with Rolling Stone magazine last month, revealing he fell into a deep depression in 2016 as his money issues worsened, all while fighting allegations of domestic abuse during his bitter divorce from his The Rum Diary co-star Amber Heard.

The Pirates Of The Caribbean star is already facing suits filed in May in California Superior Court from two former body guards for unpaid wages and overtime.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER