Two mountaineers die trying to scale Everest

Roman Schwartz
May 22, 2018

Japanese mountaineer Nobukazu Kuriki poses with a Nepalese flag after talking in Nepal in 2010. d the seven highest mountains in the seven continents without any oxygen.

The 62-year-old collapsed above Camp Three at 7,200 metres (23,625 feet).

"Sherpas found his body inside the tent", Shrestha told Reuters.

Scores of climbers have successfully made it to the top of Everest this month taking the benefit of good weather, officials said. But he was alone when he radioed for help from Camp III.

"We are in shock", said Tika Ram Gurung, the managing director of Bochi-Bochi Trek, the climbing company that organized Mr. Kuriki's trip.

"The chances of survival on the world's tallest mountain are always 50/50".

Mothercare swings axe on 50 stores and brings back ousted chief executive
The company also said it would reappoint Mark Newton-Jones, the chief executive who left in April following a profit warning. Mothercare swung to a £72.8 million pre-tax loss in the year to March 24, which compares with a £7.1 million profit in 2017.

Queenslander Azar, 21, from Toowoomba, made history as the youngest woman - and the youngest Australian - to ever make it to the world's highest summit (8848m) twice, when she scaled the summit on Saturday.

A Japanese man has been found dead on Everest this morning officials said as the mountaineering season nears its end in the Himalayas.

"I feel the pain and difficulty of this mountain", a post said. "I want to make it very carefully".

Macedonian Gjeorgi Petkov and Lam Babu Sherpa are the two others who have died on Everest this climbing season so far.

Kuriki suffered severe frostbite during an ascent in 2012 and lost nine digits. "This was his dream and he never let it go".

Nepal has allowed more than 340 foreign climbers to ascend the peak during the current season, which started in March and continues through this month.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article